Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Kidnapped - Chapter 7

After long days - and nights - of writing, chapter seven of kidnapped is finally finished.

It can be found here. Enjoy!

Writing for me is a slow, drawn out process that involves lots of coffee and too many distractions. My room is where I write and it's not like it's distracting or anything, because it isn't. Most of my distractions come from the evil social networking site, Facebook, and music. Although music is a must for my writing, it's also a major distraction. One thing leads to another and suddenly I'm on Youtube looking at videos of kittens playing peek-a-boo.

Any tips for staying focused? Leave them below in the comment section. As for my tips - hey they've helped me finished half a novel, they can't be that bad.


  1. Set a work timer for about 20 - 30 minutes depending on how much you want to get done.
  2. When that timer is up, give yourself a 5-10 minute break.
  3. Try to keep your distractions minimal. Perhaps allow music but no texting or Facebook time.
  4. Keep your work space organized. This helps you to not want to clean it as a form of procrastination. 
  5. Stay motivated! Don't let anything bring you down that could effect your work quality.
  6. Don't let your brain get worn out - stay awake with coffee, tea, or fruit.
  7. Plan! Plan out what you want to write or work on so that it's not improvised and half-hearted.
Well that's all that I can think of! I hope they came in handle a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment