Sunday, July 20, 2014

Good News

This past week has certainly been a busy one, full of joy, noise, and blessings.
To start the week off, I received an email from The Lit Leak saying that my poem that I entered for publication was accepted! My poem "Redemption" is going to be published in August of this year!
After literally just checking the website, I am proud to say it's featured on there as a preview of the magazine! What a great way to start the week, right?! After that I went to go see The Fray perform with my older sister at Chastain Park Amphitheater on Friday!

They are incredible live!

I would love to see them again. On Saturday morning, my family (with the exception of my father & sister) went to South Carolina to get my brother's senior pictures taken at my uncles house. It was a lot of fun to spend time with my cousins while helping my uncle take some great pictures of my brother! We also went to downtown Greenville to take some pictures and it was so beautiful. Rustic buildings lead you down long streets filled with cute restaurants, art galleries, and different types of stores. From there, we headed over to a gorgeous park with this large bridge hanging across "The Falls," a river with a medium-sized water fall.

Even though I dislike bridges with a passion, it was nice to see the lovely site. Moments like that had me wishing I would've thought to bring my camera on the trip. Of course, my camera doesn't hardly compare to my uncles, which was incredibly sharp and quick. I've also started thinking about what camera I would like to start saving up for. I already have a nice camera - a Nikon Coolpix L320 - but the type of camera I want isn't for just taking everyday pictures. It's specially designed for "astrophotography," the art of taking photographs and videos of the stars, planets, galaxies, and everything in between.

The camera I'm interested in is called the Nikon dslr3200 - an amateur camera for this type of photography. It ranges from between $450 to $550 depending on who you buy it from. It's much more expensive than my current camera, but you can imagine why! It's for taking far, far away pictures. Better versions of this camera may go for $4,000+, but those are for professionals.

I'm not a professional.

The final thing on my "Good News" post is that I'm going to see RadioDriveBy, Shout London, and a few other bands on the 29th! You may not be excited for me, but I love any concert, haha. Well, I think I'm coming to an end for this post; it's beginning to get late here. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment