Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Abbi's Book Nook / Mind Games

Notice a few changes about my blog, my nonexistent readers?

Well, if you didn't, you might want to refresh because as of today, abbisbookblog.blogspot.com no longer exists.

Yep, you read that correctly. It is now abbisbooknook.blogspot.com. Cute, right? I thought so.

Also, there has been a pretty drastic change in my lovely layout. It's much lighter and floral-y. And music-y. I guess my point to all of you is - although my url may say this is a book nook, it's really more of a book and music diary so to speak.

I hope everyone isn't upset with this decision, but if you are, I would like to point out that 85% of what I did on here was not talk about books. It was a just lot of rambling about my life and whatnot.

Fear not!

There will certainly still be book talk. Trust me, book talk is a must.

With that note, I would like to take you on a journey into the exiting and hilarious book Mind Games by Kiersten Whites. This book was certainly something for me to read. Originally, the cover got me thinking, "Hmm, this seems a bit weird, do I really want to read it?"

And again with the description of the book. Putting those odd thoughts to the side, I forced myself to sit down and take a look into the book. What I got out of it was more exciting that what I could have imagined.

Sofia aka Fia is in a rough situation with her beloved, blind sister Anna. In order to protect her special sister, Fia must do whatever the Keane Foundation - a foundation for kids with special 'powers' - wants her to. Although her stunning instincts told her not to go, Fia found that she had no choice because of what the Foundation offered her sister.

The powerful, insane, and hilarious Fia finds herself struggling to follow orders one day and does something that could cost her sister's life. In order to cover this mistake up, Fia returns to the Chicago headquarters and pretends to act normal. Well, whatever is normal for Fia.

See, Fia has done some crazy things because of the Foundation - things that have driven her to attempt suicide and worse. So it isn't surprising when Fia returns to her home with a defiant spirit and a cold, crazy heart.

If I have anything to say to Kiersten Whites it's this: If you ever decide to make this into a movie, cast me for Fia.

Her character was incredibly relateable (for me at least) and I felt like Fia really brought out my inner crazy. I would certainly play the part well.

The book ended with a dramatic turn. An end that brought me to tears. Lots of  tears.

But again, fear not! There is a second one already out! It is called Perfect Lies.

So get yourself to your local bookstore or library and get these wonderful books. They will make you laugh, cry, scream, and become a bit nuts.

But it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment