Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Beauty of Art

Hey guys! I just want to share with you a poem I've written for a little contest on Figment. You had to write about art--any form of art. Dance, painting, singing;anything. I chose Painting. I hope you enjoy!










They say a smile is worth a million words, 

but you can't see it if Mona Lisa's back is turned.

Not even the crinckle of her eyes and the dimples that she hides.



And what about Van Gogh; the starry night he shows?

You wouldn't even know how bright the night is,

no, you wouldn't even know if your eyes were closed.



So I tell you, open your eyes to the beauty outside, and

never turn your back, unless you promise to look back.



Because you can't always see when your last second will be,

and your creativity is just ready to breathe.



©2012 AbaGayle Bostek




2 comments: