Sunday, July 15, 2012

Flipped the novel and the movie

Have you ever heard of Wendelin Van Draanen? Probably best known for her novel Flipped, or the Sammy Keyes series? Well, I am a huge fan of both the novel and the series. I read Flipped  a while back--probably right after I had got my Kindle for Christmas.

Anyway, I read the book. It's in a he-said, she-said style and very good, despite the few cuss words here and there. Her books have always intrigued me and this one especially. It is about a boy--Bryce Losk--and a girl--Juli Baker--friends since second grade. Well...not exactly friends.

See, Bryce thought Julie was a totally freak-stalker-neighbor girl with bad eggs and a bad yard--What the heck am I talking about? Well you'll know if you read the book--and totally despised her. Though, after hurting her a few times, he kind of just...well...flipped! He fell for her right as she was un-falling for him.

The story goes on and well, in the end he does something good that pretty much made up for everything bad he'd ever done to her. I'm dying to tell you what happens but I'll let you find that out for yourself. (;


Now to the movie. YES THE MOVIE. It came out in 2010 with Madeline Carroll as Juli Baker and Callan McAuliffe as Bryce Loski. Both did a wonderful job with the movie. Most everything was exactly as I had imagined, and some wasn't. There were a few parts that I thought should have been in there that weren't, but really.

It was great!

Now, I have heard that--

DUN DUN DUN.

Sammy Keyes and the Power of Justice Jack came out!? :O It isn't on my library website though, unfortunately.

AND I WANT IT SO BAD. :c

Well, I'll stop complaining before it gets crazy. Hahah, goodnight, guys! Have a great rest of the summer.(:

-Abbi.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get it real soon. :) Have a terrific summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I absolutely LOVED the movie and of course the book and I also thought that Rob Reiner made a good decision of setting it in the sixties...

    And did you get the book yet? :)

    (haha sorry you probably have no idea where I popped out from... But I know you from Wendelin's jog blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of confused at first about it being in the 60s. I was trying to think back in the books was. x) Haha, but I agree, it was a good idea and it fit well.

      No(: But I ordered it off Amazon a few days ago and it should get here the 26th! :D

      Oh, haha, alright. Cool. ^^

      Delete