Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hey! Hapy St. Patty's day! Make sure to wear something green or get pinched. (; Okay, first off, some neat facts about this St. Patrick:


Saint Patrick(hence the name) was a missionary who went to Ireland. He was born in Roman Britain to a rich Irish family. At the age of sixteen, Saint Patrick was kidnapped by Irish raiders. He was then taken captive and held as a slave. Some believe that he was being held somewhere around the west coast of Ireland. Possibly around Mayo, but nobody is sure of that.
Saint Patrick confessed that he was told by God in a dream to run away from where he's being held captive and go to a coast and go on a boat to return to Britain. When he returned, he quickly joined a church in Auxerre in Gual and studied to be a Priest.
In 432, St. Patrick said he was called back to Ireland to preach God's Word. After nearly 30 years of evangelism, he died on March 17, 461. According to tradition, he was buried at Downpatrick. There were more successful missions that when to Ireland, but Patrick was most known and the principle champion of Irish Christianity. His name is still held in the Irish church.
This was written by me, but I got my information from Wikipedia.


Did you know that originally, the color you wore on St. Patrick's day was blue? How cool. I honestly cannot tell you why people started the tradition of drinking on St.Patrick's day, seeing as thought he's a saint and all. Though, my guess is because it's been told that most people from Ireland drink.
I don't mean to bore you, so I will go onto something fun! The pole results for KIDNAPPED are in! Her previous name is Katherine(Kat) and her new name is Erica!
I would love to thank you all for participating in this poll, it means a lot(: Anyway, thanks guys, and happy St. Patty's day!


-Abbi.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

    Sorry for not posting lately. I've been busy.

    St. Patrick is a saint of the catholic church. The idea to go pinching people on his day, I have no idea why. I wonder who started that tradition, probably the guys in business suits. Funny thing is that when I was in school, my good excuse for not wearing green is because I have green eyes, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patricks Day to you too! It's totally okay.(: I understand.



    Cool! Hahaha. Good one!

    ReplyDelete