Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Funeral For A Friend

This past weekend I was at a Memorial service for a very influential person in my life. At my previous church, our Wednesday night Sunday School was lead my a man named Bill Claycomb. Living there for three to four years, we grew very close to our small church's members. Mr. Bill was also part of the family of the pastor.

He was our pastors Father In-law. Recently, Mr. Bill was diagnosed with brain cancer. The past couple of months he fought real hard. But God decided that his time was up and that he needed Mr.Bill up there with him. As much as it hurts, this is the fate God has chosen and I know where Mr.Bill is. I know that he is happy. I have no doubt about that.

The passed away over a month ago, but the memorial was July 15th. My family went down there for the weekend. I stayed the night with my friend and we had some good quality time, which I'm glad for. The next day we helped go through stuff at Mr.Bill's home. Afterward, we went to my father's coworkers house where the rest of my family stayed.

Then, at four, we headed to the church. I was pretty good at not bawling my eyes out through most of it. In the middle of it, they played a voice recording that he took while in the hospital and that is what really got me. His voice is so distinct that you just hear it and you want to find him and hug him and just cry.

I will always miss him. And he was a huge influence in my life and I will never forget him.
Not ever. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment