Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Following Your Heart

You must hear that a lot. From your parents, friends, in a movie. Somewhere. Well, as you may know, I am in a Bible study. We've been studying James/ Beth Moore's Mercy Triumphs. And I never honestly thought about it.

Should I follow my heart? I hear it all the time. Your dreams come from your heart, and you follow your dreams, so... you follow your heart, right? Well, Take a look at Jeremiah 17:9 It says,

           "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?"
And Eccl 9:3  ''The hearts of men, moreover, are full of evil and there is madness in their hearts while they live, and afterward they join the dead.''

I mean, LOOK. The Bible, Word of God. Truth. Tells us that our hearts are Beyond Cure.

And that they are full of evil, madness! Like we know already, we are flesh, and flesh sins. And I know that there are people on Earth trying to turn us away from God, that there is a Devil. But it just overwhelming for some reason that we would go to the point of telling us to trust something that holds this:

Matt 15:19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander
I mean...Look. We are basically setting ourselves up for failure. How sad that is. I know that you may have grown up hearing this, or that someone important to you supports this, but if they believe in God's Word, tell them to look at this.

Check out some scripture about following your heart, because the only hopeful scripture I've seen is this:

Ezek 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh

There is hope. There is always hope with God. We should follow our dreams, though. But what ever we wish to do should involve telling others about God. I know this post was really preachy. But that's okay. You don't have to listen to me, or believe me.

All I need to do it tell you this. Tell you the truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment